Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 34 (12/09/09): Irish Red

Sometimes I forget that Wednesday is Karaoke night at my favorite bar. My friend Griffin insisted that we stay though, because the deal on draft Killians is hard to beat.  The bar was pretty empty aside from us, and a few scattered parties. Eventually it started to get a little more packed with drunk college girls from the nearby campus.

Now I’ve perfected the art of completely tuning out people singing tone deaf Miley Cyrus covers, so I was feeling pretty good about myself. When I went up to get my third beer I was almost immediately accosted by a group of drunk chicks. Colleen, a tall redhead, specially started asking me a million questions. If I was there alone, if I had friends as cute as me, what I was drinking. I don’t know why, but I’m pretty sure the tall girls are the most confident girls I’ve come across. Especially the tall drunk girls. I really wasn’t feeling her however, and tried to get away.

Of course because of that, she got more forward and more brazen. After dodging her to get back to Griffin in the corner, she eventually made her way  to the mic. And busted out, “I Want You To Want Me”. Now, I’m not specifically a sucker for not-subtle 80s rock, but I did appreciate the moxie of it.

Mid performance I shook my head at her, and walked out to the back area to smoke.  Mid-cigarette she comes out and starts acting hurt that I left in the middle of her song. I unemphatically apologized, and she asked for a smoke. I obliged, and within seconds she starts coughing a long out.

“You don’t smoke do you?”

She admitted she didn’t and immediately tossed it on the ground.  I just looked at her and thanked her for wasting it. She then kissed me on the cheek and said she was sorry. Working her way up to my lips and we made out for a little bit until her hand grazed my still lit cigarette. I couldn’t help but laugh at this, but muttered out some sort of half assed concern over her hand. She asked me to kiss it to make it better, and I told her I think it was time that I get going.

[Via http://100girls100days.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment