Sunday, January 31, 2010

In the Nude

Nude dressing is big news for Spring…not literally, but in terms of colour or the lack of as the case seems to be.  Celebrities have sported the non-colour on the red carpets already and yesterday the flagship Topshop had rails overflowing of neutral hues.  As seen on the catwalks of Donna Karan and Celine, and a crucial component to the current military vibe and naughty underwear look, nude can be so easily incorporated into your wardrobe.

However, as previously mentioned, I sadly do not yet have my golden glow and, with my dark tresses, fear all over nude will drain me to the point of looking like a swine flu victim.  But just as I was on the verge of quitting I found the actually quite simple answer – shoes!  Providing an easy and instant update (and widely believed to be the best retail therapy) nude footwear allows you to step into spring without baring all in the still frosty weather.  I have picked my faves below – combination of gladiator-esque platforms with woven detailing and the currently very popular chunky wedges.

Miu Miu, leather, £425

 

Proenza Schouler, leather £825

 

Kurt Geiger, £240

 

Reiss, £169

[Via http://londonfashionspy.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment